Group Ticketing and Sales Associate
- New York, NY
- Full Time
- Entry Level
Earned Media Associate
AKA NYC is an award-winning, fully integrated advertising agency with unparalleled expertise across the arts & entertainment, leisure, travel, retail, and tourism sectors. With a focus on creativity, innovation, and consumer experiences, we have a proven record of delivering cross-platform campaigns that get results for new brands and iconic institutions alike. Our clients include Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Tina The Musical, Funny Girl The Musical, Edge at Hudson Yards, New York YMCA, and many others.
We are seeking a Group Ticketing and Sales Associate for our AKAx team. This is a full-time non-exempt position that is based in New York City.
WHAT YOU’LL DO, (IN BRIEF):
Working as part of our Earned Media team, you will manage the agency’s relationships with Group Sales Agents and External Sales Channels (“Sales Partners”) for our theatrical client base.
Negotiate activity and earned media opportunities with such Sales Partners in exchange for exclusive discounts and other collaborative initiatives.
Negotiate paid activity from such Sales Partners to ensure best possible value for both the client and AKA as an agency.
Facilitate execution (and in some cases, preparation) of agreements and contracts between clients and Sales Partners when required.
Manage the creation and distribution of Group Sales Memos (for both new client productions and each extension of all existing client productions) by collating current artwork, copy, full pricing, group pricing, student pricing, production policies, venue policies and ordering procedures into a clear document. Ensure both client and venue sign-off on all elements prior to distribution, which ideally should take place on the date new productions (or ticket blocks) go on sale.
Based on the full price scale, recommend to clients group pricing, student pricing, discount pricing and FIT pricing as necessary/requested by analyzing current competitive landscape in each of these verticals and considering the current market position and audience make-up of the production in question. Submit such discounts for programming (either directly or via the production’s company management) as needed.
Utilize the agency’s relationship with client’s primary ticketing channels to facilitate best possible purchase UI and UX for full price, discount and added incentive buyers, including API or allotment purchases via Sales Partners.
Manage the agency’s relationship with hand-to-hand / street team / brand ambassador vendor(s) on behalf of clients including scheduling, rate negotiation, billing and provision of uniform merchandise and other assets as needed
Prior to meetings: create a meeting deck to seek client approval on timely and relevant opportunities with sales partners and the group ticket market in addition to reporting on the success of previously approved opportunities
At meetings: Present thoughtful analysis of the production’s sales position within the group, FIT and discount space (if applicable) and provide recommendations to improve that position.
Performs other duties as assigned.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 1-3 years of experience in a field related to ticketing and promotions (company management, box office, etc.)
- Problem Solver & Multi-Tasker
- Some who is as comfortable crunching numbers as they are attending sales trade shows and speaking with partner ticket vendors.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and/or Keynote skills, plus understanding of statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing raw data, identifying trend drivers, drawing conclusions, and summarizing actionable recommendations and their forecasted outcomes/implications.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to aggregate information and data from multiple sources.
- A collaborative approach to problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe, and Social Networking platforms
- BONUS: Theatre and/or Entertainment experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An annual salary of $40,000-$50,000, commensurate with experience.
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- A generous PTO entitlement, including:
- 20 days vacation per year.
- 3 personal/mental health days.
- 13 paid public holidays.
- 5 paid sick days.
- Summer Fridays.
- Flexible Work from Anywhere policy for specific roles and/or projects (with a requirement for any/all roles to be present in New York City on occasion). Flexible 40-hour week built around core hours M-F 10AM-5PM.
- Hybrid position: minimum three days per week in office.
- Pet-friendly office.
Post advertised: May 4, 2022.
Deadline for applications: May 13, 2022.
Initial employer responses sent: May 17, 2022.
Interviews (remote): May 23-27, 2022.
Offer issued and accepted by: June 3, 2022.
Start date: No later than June 21, 2022 (candidates able to start sooner than this date are welcomed).
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion
At AKA, we believe our team is at its best when we reflect the diversity of our community. We strive to hire and cultivate the best talent so when recruiting we work to actively reach and engage a wide community of people. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe a diverse team makes us smarter, more creative, and helps us better understand the needs of the audiences we target with our campaigns.
AKA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law.
AKA NYC requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of on-site work. As required by applicable law, AKA will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to hear from you!