Paid Social Media Buyer
- Full Time
- Mid Level
PAID SOCIAL MEDIA BUYER
AKA NYC is an award-winning, fully integrated advertising agency with unparalleled expertise across the arts & entertainment, leisure, travel, retail, and tourism sectors. With a focus on creativity, innovation, and consumer experiences, we have a proven record of delivering cross-platform campaigns that get results for new brands and iconic institutions alike. Our clients include Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Tina the Musical, Funny Girl the Musical, Edge at Hudson Yards, New York YMCA, and many others.
The Paid Social Media Buyer will have the ability to define and implement paid social media strategy and manage project requirements. They will be responsible for setting effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media efforts and reporting campaign results and success metrics.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, data-driven, and has experience in direct response customer acquisition and performance marketing. Reporting to the Senior Director of Paid Media, the Paid Social Media Buyer is a full-time exempt position based in our NYC office.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Own and develop a cohesive, full-funnel and results-oriented paid social strategy.
- Advise on social media spend in collaboration with media team.
- Execute on campaign KPIs across client set, monitor and optimize paid social campaigns to ensure benchmarks are hit.
- Identify new opportunities for paid social strategy and stay on top of trends. Recommend new platforms, tactics and strategies in the paid social space.
- Collaborate with the Creative and Communications team to conceptualize, execute, and optimize creative and ad copy.
- Create reporting for paid social media campaigns, inclusive of actionable insights on target audiences and creative performance. Dive into the data to detect patterns and uncover insights to further inform our strategy.
- Own the budget and pacing for paid social channels to ensure success based on company goals.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum 4+ years experience in the digital media industry managing paid social and distribution (direct-to-consumer/e-commerce preferred).
- Deep understanding of the Facebook platform; full knowledge of all bidding, targeting & optimization capabilities; up-to-date with best practices and iOS14 implications.
- Exceptional data analytics skills; ability to draw conclusions from data and form actionable insights.
- Collaborative team player with excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to work autonomously, handle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work at the strategic level and at the tactical level with ability to problem solve.
- Experience or exposure to running campaigns on other paid social platforms (i.e. TikTok, Snapchat, etc.) a plus
- A working knowledge of paid search advertising is very beneficial.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive salary commensurate on market and experience
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- A generous PTO entitlement, including:
- 20 days vacation per year
- 3 personal/mental health days
- 13 paid public holidays
- 5 paid sick days
- Summer Fridays
- Flexible Work from Anywhere policy for specific roles and/or projects
- Flexible 40-hour week built around core hours M-F 10AM-5PM
- Hybrid position: minimum three days per week in office
- Pet-friendly office
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion
At AKA, we believe our team is at its best when we reflect the diversity of our community. We strive to hire and cultivate the best talent so when recruiting we work to actively reach and engage a wide community of people. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe a diverse team makes us smarter, more creative, and helps us better understand the needs of the audiences we target with our campaigns.
AKA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law.
AKA NYC requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of on-site work. As required by applicable law, AKA will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to hear from you!