Digital Media Analyst
DIGITAL MEDIA ANALYST
AKA NYC is an award-winning, fully integrated advertising agency with unparalleled expertise across the arts & entertainment, leisure, travel, retail, and tourism sectors. With a focus on creativity, innovation, and consumer experiences, we have a proven record of delivering cross-platform campaigns that get results for new brands and iconic institutions alike. Our clients include Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Tina the Musical, Funny Girl the Musical, Edge at Hudson Yards, New York YMCA, and many others.
Reporting to the VP for Business Intelligence, the Digital Media Analyst is a full-time position that is based in New York City.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manages and performs weekly multiple ad-hoc reporting, deep-dive analyses on industry trends, research projects, projections and forecasting, media attribution, pricing analysis, and inventory management.
- Seeks out opportunities to represent AKA as an analytics-forward agency to the industry, including participating in industry wide events and thought-leadership pieces.
- Turns data into wisdom and insights into recommended actions.
- Daily Reports: Wraps reports as required for specific shows.
- Weekly Reports: Updates reports for wraps, matured figures, weeks out, zip code data and sales overlaid with media spend and send a sales email (internally or externally as required) and recommendations based on the sales data.
- As required: Updates reports for inventory management, seats filled, sales projections and other ad hoc reporting; monitors effectiveness of incentive offers in the marketplace; updates digital, marketing, and client services account teams on campaign results.
- Prior to meetings: Creates a meeting deck as required utilizing aforementioned reports.
- At meetings: Presents thoughtful analysis of the production’s sales position and provides recommendations to improve that position.
- Quarterly or at the conclusion of a limited run: Creates a wrap-up report detailing the production’s sales campaign.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years experience in a field related to ticketing (company management, box office, etc.).
- Problem Solving. Be it process, coding, or methodology—we’re interested in problem solvers.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and/or Keynote skills, plus understanding of statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing raw data, identifying trend drivers, drawing conclusions, and summarizing actionable recommendations and their forecasted outcomes/implications.
- A data analyst background capable of owning complex data processes while also being capable of producing insightful business analysis.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to aggregate information and data from multiple sources.
- Data management platform experience and SQL, R, and/or Python coding skills a plus
- Experience with Qualitative research analysis and survey design.
- BONUS: Theatre and/or Entertainment experience.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive salary commensurate on market and experience
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- A generous PTO entitlement, including:
- 20 days vacation per year
- 3 personal/mental health days
- 13 paid public holidays
- 5 paid sick days
- Summer Fridays
- Flexible Work from Anywhere policy for specific roles and/or projects
- Flexible 40-hour week built around core hours M-F 10AM-5PM
- Hybrid position: minimum three days per week in office.
- Pet-friendly office.
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion
At AKA, we believe our team is at its best when we reflect the diversity of our community. We strive to hire and cultivate the best talent so when recruiting we work to actively reach and engage a wide community of people. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe a diverse team makes us smarter, more creative, and helps us better understand the needs of the audiences we target with our campaigns.
AKA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law.
AKA NYC requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of on-site work. As required by applicable law, AKA will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to hear from you!