Community Management Associate
- New York, NY
- Full Time
- Entry Level
Community Management Associate
AKA NYC is an award-winning, fully integrated advertising agency with unparalleled expertise across the arts & entertainment, leisure, travel, retail, and tourism sectors. With a focus on creativity, innovation, and consumer experiences, we have a proven record of delivering cross-platform campaigns that get results for new brands and iconic institutions alike. Our clients include Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Tina The Musical, Funny Girl The Musical, Edge at Hudson Yards, New York YMCA, and many others.
We are seeking an Community Management Associate to build communities and engage fans and audiences on social platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok) and IRL (fan events, brand activations, in-theater/on-site events) for specified clients. Reporting to the Senior Director of Social Media, this is a full-time non-exempt position that is based in New York City.
WHAT YOU’LL DO, (IN BRIEF):
You will support our Social Media team in ideating, developing and executing social campaigns. You know the audience/fans better than anyone, so you know what speaks to them and how to engage them. You will create platform-specific content including posts, videos and graphics, and events IRL to engage audiences, deepen their engagement, and get them talking/sharing. You will also mine and report on success metrics for campaigns and activations, and use insights to guide decisions.
Audience Engagement: You “get” our audiences and how to create campaigns/ideas that will build and engage that community.
Skilled Communication: You have strong communication and interpersonal skills that allow you to engage with communities/audiences on a daily basis.
Build & Maintain Relationships: You like people, and enjoy nurturing, responding to, and engaging with audiences online and IRL.
Team Collaboration: You’ll work closely with the cross-departmental team on day-to-day brainstorming, planning and execution of social campaigns that generate impressions, engagement, reach and word of mouth for our clients.
Adapting to the Unexpected: Some elements of the job are fixed, but AKA NYC is an ever-changing environment and surprises are common; an important part of the job is being willing to roll with what comes and work with your team to make sure any number of surprising requests come to fruition.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 1+ year of experience in a Social Media and Content Creation (ideally servicing the entertainment industry), or equivalent interest expressed through study courses, internships and/or extra-curricular activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of cross-platform advertising campaigns (advertising agency experience is an advantage, but not a necessity).
- A commitment to deliver strategic, innovative, and effective campaigns for clients.
- A comfortable and confident approach to presenting your own ideas (including the unusual ones!)
- A collaborative approach to troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office / 365.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An annual salary of $40,000-$50,000, commensurate with experience.
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- A generous PTO entitlement, including:
- 20 days vacation per year.
- 3 personal/mental health days.
- 13 paid public holidays.
- 5 paid sick days.
- Summer Fridays.
- Flexible Work from Anywhere policy for specific roles and/or projects (with a requirement for any/all roles to be present in New York City on occasion). Flexible 40-hour week built around core hours M-F 10AM-5PM.
- Hybrid position: minimum three days per week in office.
- Pet-friendly office.
Post advertised: May 4, 2022.
Deadline for applications: May 13, 2022.
Initial employer responses sent: May 17, 2022.
Interviews (remote): May 23-27, 2022.
Offer issued and accepted by: June 3, 2022.
Start date: No later than June 21, 2022 (candidates able to start sooner than this date are welcomed).
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion
At AKA, we believe our team is at its best when we reflect the diversity of our community. We strive to hire and cultivate the best talent so when recruiting we work to actively reach and engage a wide community of people. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe a diverse team makes us smarter, more creative, and helps us better understand the needs of the audiences we target with our campaigns.
AKA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law.
AKA NYC requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of on-site work. As required by applicable law, AKA will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to hear from you!