AKA NYC is an award-winning, fully integrated advertising agency with unparalleled expertise across the arts & entertainment, leisure, travel, retail, and tourism sectors. With a focus on creativity, innovation, and consumer experiences, we have a proven record of delivering cross-platform campaigns that get results for new brands and iconic institutions alike. Our clients include Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Funny Girl the Musical, Edge at Hudson Yards, New York YMCA, and many others.
Reporting to the Head of Paid Media, the Media Planner/Buyer is a full-time exempt position based in either our Los Angeles or NYC office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Deliver sound strategy and excellent cross-platform planning and buying across the aka portfolio of clients.
- Prepare media plans for internal review and client approval.
- Build and foster media vendor relationships to ensure we can gain access to first media exclusives
- Pitch media campaigns direct to clients in formal presentation and written form.
- Execute, launch, and deliver in full against campaign KPI(s)
- Set up and optimize campaigns in Google Ad Servers and search platforms
- Work alongside client services account team to deliver media recommendations that exist within a fully integrated campaign and ladder up to overall client strategy.
- Collaborate with the AKA creative studio to manage the production of creative to assist selling in media buys – consider media through a lens of potential cut-through, audience targeting and creative integration.
- Research and maintain record of trends, innovations, and changes that affect media buying.
- Complete necessary wrap up reporting tasks, in partnership with analytics team members
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role.
- A love of and/or experience in entertainment or cultural clients is a plus.
- Certification in Google AdWords required.
- Proficiency within Paid Social Platforms (Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok) a plus
- In-depth understanding of the digital marketplace, data management platforms and tag management solutions.
- Experience working on custom executions with premium digital publishers
- Interest in data analytics and monitoring success of campaign, ability to quantify results of advertising.
- Passion for technologies used to support digital advertising operations - ad serving, audience management tools, inventory applications, and third-party tags.
- Well versed in the Microsoft Office suite specifically, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Professional client communication, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work autonomously and actively seek solutions to problems.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Media, Communications, or related field.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive salary commensurate on market and experience
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- A generous PTO entitlement, including:
- 20 days vacation per year
- 3 personal/mental health days
- 13 paid public holidays
- 5 paid sick days
- 1/2 Day Summer Fridays
- Flexible 40-hour week built around core hours M-F 10AM-5PM
- Hybrid position: minimum three days per week in office
- Pet-friendly office
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion
At AKA, we believe our team is at its best when we reflect the diversity of our community. We strive to hire and cultivate the best talent so when recruiting we work to actively reach and engage a wide community of people. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe a diverse team makes us smarter, more creative, and helps us better understand the needs of the audiences we target with our campaigns.
AKA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law.
AKA NYC requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of on-site work. As required by applicable law, AKA will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to hear from you!