Partnerships and Community Engagement Manager
Partnerships and Community Engagement Manager
AKA NYC is an award-winning, fully integrated advertising agency with unparalleled expertise across the arts & entertainment, leisure, travel, retail, and tourism sectors. With a focus on creativity, innovation, and consumer experiences, we have a proven record of delivering cross-platform campaigns that get results for new brands and iconic institutions alike. Our clients include Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Tina The Musical, Funny Girl The Musical, Edge at Hudson Yards, New York YMCA, and many others.
We are seeking a Partnerships & Community Engagement Manager to join our innovative Experiential team. This individual will manage partnerships, audience engagement, influencer marketing and integrated content campaigns for our theatrical clients. Reporting to the Senior Director of Earned Media, the Partnerships & Community Engagement Manager is a full-time exempt position that is located in New York City.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist senior team members in developing campaign marketing ideas
- Be the opportunity spotter, the project manager, and the link that connects us to our clients, facilitating communication between external clients, partners, and internal teams
- Identify, secure and implement high level brand partnerships inclusive of event presence, sales promotions, content and social strategy integration and more, connecting our clients to culture
- Cultivate, plan and manage on-site and off-site events that provide consumer engagement opportunities and reach new audiences and influencers
- Develop client relationships and manage the experiential output for theatrical accounts
- Oversee multiple partner and experiential campaigns simultaneously
- Ensure all projects are managed to agreed timeline and budgets
- Maintain excellent relationships with existing promotional partners while seeking to secure and develop new partnerships
- Connect shows to their most important audiences in the social space, leading to engagement, advocacy and sales
- Outline the social strategy and manage its execution with the help of social team
- Attend client meetings to both present opportunities and provide feedback on activity
- Ensure high quality of proposals and presentations
- Be up to date on current experiential trends and research innovative digital campaigns and new technologies
- Share contacts, opportunities and ideas within the team
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2-3 years of experience in a Social Media and Content Creation (ideally servicing the entertainment industry), or equivalent interest expressed through study courses, internships and/or extra-curricular activities.
- A clear understanding of the digital arena, and how emerging technologies and avenues add value to campaigns
- Experience delivering engaging partnerships, content and visually stunning social design
- Social media enthusiast with your finger on the pulse of what’s happening in the world of digital and pop culture
- Can work autonomously
- Actively seeks solutions to problems
- Understands and delivers against strategic objectives on assigned projects
- Confidence to build and maintain solid relationships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe, PowerPoint, Excel, and Social Networking platforms ex: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat, YouTube and Pinterest
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Salesforce, and Mailchimp a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- A generous PTO entitlement, including:
- 20 days vacation per year.
- 3 personal/mental health days.
- 13 paid public holidays.
- 5 paid sick days.
- Summer Fridays.
- Flexible Work from Anywhere policy for specific roles and/or projects (with a requirement for any/all roles to be present in New York City on occasion). Flexible 40-hour week built around core hours M-F 10AM-5PM.
- Hybrid position: minimum three days per week in office.
- Pet-friendly office.
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion
At AKA, we believe our team is at its best when we reflect the diversity of our community. We strive to hire and cultivate the best talent so when recruiting we work to actively reach and engage a wide community of people. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe a diverse team makes us smarter, more creative, and helps us better understand the needs of the audiences we target with our campaigns.
AKA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law.
AKA NYC requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of on-site work. As required by applicable law, AKA will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to hear from you!