Earned Media Associate
- New York, NY
- Full Time
- Entry Level
Earned Media Associate
AKA NYC is an award-winning, fully integrated advertising agency with unparalleled expertise across the arts & entertainment, leisure, travel, retail, and tourism sectors. With a focus on creativity, innovation, and consumer experiences, we have a proven record of delivering cross-platform campaigns that get results for new brands and iconic institutions alike. Our clients include Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Tina The Musical, Funny Girl The Musical, Edge at Hudson Yards, New York YMCA, and many others.
We are seeking an Earned Media Associate to activate and execute opportunities within our Earned Media department across all appropriate clients. This is a full-time non-exempt position that is based in New York City.
WHAT YOU’LL DO, (IN BRIEF):
You will support AKAx: our “Earned Media” team with ideating, developing, securing and executing earned-media initiatives for our roster of theatrical clients. This includes securing and managing promotional placements (via exclusive access to tickets, incentivized ticket offers, content opportunities etc.), event and performance opportunities and DTC activations (hand-to hand and grassroots outreach).
- Team collaboration: You’ll work closely with the cross-departmental team on day-to-day brainstorming, planning and execution of activities that generate earned media impressions for our clients.
- Creative thinking: You will contribute to the agency’s ever-broadening range of earned media offerings and come up with new and exciting ideas for its diverse range of clients’ campaigns.
- Critical thinking: Working with our in-house Business Intelligence team, you will assess and report on the success of our earned media campaigns, making pro-active pivots and changes where necessary.
- Adapt to the unexpected: Some elements of the job are fixed, but AKA NYC is an ever-changing environment and surprises are common; an important part of the job is being willing to roll with what comes and work with your team to make sure any number of surprising requests come to fruition.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 1-3 years of experience and/or interest in a Marketing or Earned Media advertising role (ideally servicing the entertainment industry), or equivalent interest expressed through study courses, internships and/or extra-curricular activities. Knowledge and understanding of cross-platform advertising campaigns (advertising agency experience is an advantage, but not a necessity).
- A commitment to deliver strategic, innovative, and effective campaigns for clients.
- A comfortable and confident approach to presenting your own ideas (including the unusual ones!)
- A collaborative approach to troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office / 365.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An annual salary of $40,000-$50,000, commensurate with experience.
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- A generous PTO entitlement, including:
- 20 days vacation per year.
- 3 personal/mental health days.
- 13 paid public holidays.
- 5 paid sick days.
- Summer Fridays.
- Flexible Work from Anywhere policy for specific roles and/or projects (with a requirement for any/all roles to be present in New York City on occasion). Flexible 40-hour week built around core hours M-F 10AM-5PM.
- Hybrid position: minimum three days per week in office.
- Pet-friendly office.
Post advertised: May 4, 2022.
Deadline for applications: May 13, 2022.
Initial employer responses sent: May 17, 2022.
Interviews (remote): May 23-27, 2022.
Offer issued and accepted by: June 3, 2022.
Start date: No later than June 21, 2022 (candidates able to start sooner than this date are welcomed).
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion
At AKA, we believe our team is at its best when we reflect the diversity of our community. We strive to hire and cultivate the best talent so when recruiting we work to actively reach and engage a wide community of people. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe a diverse team makes us smarter, more creative, and helps us better understand the needs of the audiences we target with our campaigns.
AKA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law.
AKA NYC requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of on-site work. As required by applicable law, AKA will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to hear from you!